This will enable you to combine two or more drives as a "just a bunch of disks" spanned volume. NOTE: Failure of any of the drives in this "array" will cause complete data loss of anything on the new volume.
- Computer with at least two unused drives
- Open Computer Manager
- Open the Start menu and type diskmgmt.msc and hit enter
- Choose Disk Management from the menu tree
- If the drives are already allocated / formated:
- Right-click and Delete Volume
- Right-click on one of the drives and choose Create Spanned Volume
- In the pop-up, click on the unused drive on the left and click Add
- Click Next
- Assign a drive letter, a volume name, and choose Format (NTFS).
- When it's done, the disks will show the same Volume name and will have a purple line instead of the blue in the Disk Management middle bottom pane.
- How to Combine Multiple Hard Drives Into One Volume for Cheap, High-Capacity Storage